Sunday, January 27, 2008

So Hard To Say Goodbye

Well, it's my last evening in Haiti - for now. I am so sad to leave this place and these people. The country of Haiti is so beautiful and has such potential to be a place where people thrive and are truly happy, a place where people from the developed world wish to visit. But for now, I leave it like it is - a place of desperation and suffering, sadness and struggle for survival. However, I also leave it a place where there is great hope within the people and determination to rise above all of the odds that have been stacked against them throughout history. While absolutely looking forward to seeing Kevin and Porterhouse, along with the rest of my family and friends, I dread the return home. The transition is never easy and poses a whole new set of challenges for me. But I consider myself the luckiest, most blessed person just to have had this opportunity. I am so grateful for that. Thank you to all of you who so generously support me. Please know that you have made a difference to a people that are often forgotten and dismissed by the rest of the world. Thank you!

1 comment:

.................. said...

I'll be thinking of you often the next few days as you transition! Thank you for the updates - they were my daily reality check and cry! I am so lucky to have you as a friend, and the world is so lucky just to have you in it! Talk to you soon!
Jo