Sunday, January 13, 2008

Related Websites

I thought I'd add a link to the HEALING HANDS FOR HAITI WEBSITE in case anyone is interested in knowing more about the organization. It is: http://www.healinghandsforhaiti.org/

*****************************************

Also, I wanted to add the link to another related website. I was fortunate enough to get 500 Fuzzi Bunz cloth diapers donated by Mother of Eden, a cloth diaper company in the U.S. Their website now contains a philanthropy feature on Healing Hands for Haiti (since making this donation) as well as several other organizations they have generously helped. The feature can be seen at:
http://motherofeden.com/caring_philantropy.php.

Thanks to the donation from Mother of Eden of Fuzzi Bunz diapers, my team will be doing a "diaper distribution" at the 3-4 orphanages we work in during our time in Haiti. What a great company! I am SO excited about the diapers - they are VERY cute, extremely soft, and will feel so good to the kids that wear them. We look forward to a continued partnership with Mother of Eden to keep the orphanages well-stocked with clean, dry diapers for the kids. Exciting!!!

The above picture is from the Mother of Eden website. It is of a baby in an orphanage in Uganda that is wearing one of their donated diapers. Soon I will be able to add pictures of Haitian kids wearing the cute diapers!

******************************************

One of my teammates has created a TEAM blog as well. If you are interested, the website for it is:
http://2008hhhmnteam.blogspot.com/.

******************************************

This is a link to an article about one of the orphanages in Haiti (House of the Disabled) that Healing Hands has worked with over the past several years. It is a sad story, but a very real one. The link is:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/reportsfromabroad/macdonald/20071218.html. We are hoping to visit this orphanage while we are in Haiti and we will probably end up purchasing some of the items they need, such as a new refrigerator, etc. I really hope we can do this, as their situation is very desperate at this point. What I'd really like to do is to take the kids from Haiti and bring them to America with me where their lives would be much better, but obviously that's not realistic. I sure wish it was though.

No comments: